A content delivery network (CDN) is a large distributed system of servers deployed in multiple data centers across the Internet. The goal of a CDN is to serve content to end users with high availability and high performance.
Whether you are delivering large files like movies, software and games, or small objects like images, SWF files and scripts, your customer will have a dramatically better experience if you utilize a CDN.
Some of the features that Content Delivery Networks offer include:
- Static content caching for files of all sizes
- Dynamic content caching based on query string parameters
- Load balancing
- Content protection
- Origin management and shielding
- Geo Blocking to prevent content distribution by country, state, etc.
Optimal works with clients to provide the following services to ensure that their CDN solutions are properly managed:
- Architectural services, including vendor evaluation and management
- Configuration review and management
- Benchmarking and speed assessment
- Optimization and tuning services
We currently work with the following CDN vendors:
Interested in working with us? Get in touch to find out more about how we can help you.